Who's Nearby feature #20
The site is still small so it may not be too crucial yet but eventually a Who's Nearby feature can be helpful.
Users could opt in their location by either:
- Using GPS permission from their web browser to get their current location.
- Selecting from a map where they are located (would be more robust than asking for zip codes which would only work within the US)
- Example using Open Streetmap: https://jsfiddle.net/uqcyudex/5/
The People search page could then have a feature to order people by nearest to you and help nudists connect with some real life friends.
To flesh out more how the feature would look:
- On your user settings page, have a Location tab
- A button to opt-in to HTML5 Geolocation: prompt the user for their GPS and post the lat/long to backend.
- An OpenLayers map for users to manually drop a pin on a map wherever they want, for users who don't/can't get the GPS working.
- On the member directory: a "Who's Nearby" feature
- Have a location refresh button here, too. It could either ask for the Geolocation API too and/or refresh it, or have a link to the Settings tab to pick their location manually.
- On the database side: use the Postgis extension for PostgreSQL to query and sort users by GPS coordinates.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?