Checkbox to blur explicit content on the site #30
An idea for a new user preference:
Alongside the opt-in checkbox to see explicit content, have a second checkbox for users who would prefer to blur explicit content by default. Example, it would look like:
Show explicit content
Check this box if you are OK seeing explicit content on this site, which may include erections or sexually charged content. These may appear on the Site Gallery as well as user profile pages.
Blur explicit content by default
Check this box to blur explicit pictures by default.
The use cases and combination of filters would be:
- Explicit but not blur: the status quo we have now, they see explicit pics as normal.
- Explicit + blur: they see explicit pics in all the same places, but they're blurred until clicked on.
- Not explicit + not blur: the status quo we have now, they see no explicit pic at all.
- Not explicit + blur: no effect as they don't see any explicit picture anyway.
How blurring would work:
- On paginated gallery views that show multiple pictures per page
- Apply a CSS
filter: blur(14px)on the image itself, and a
overflow: hiddento the parent element so that the blur doesn't bleed outside the boundaries of the parent element.
- Clicking the picture already opens a full-screen modal view which would not blur it: so they can click to see easily.
- Apply a CSS
- On comment thread views for specific pictures: don't apply any blurring ever.
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may exist for a short time before cleaning up, in most cases it CANNOT be undone. Continue?